James Berenson, MD
Founder and Chief Scientific Officer
Dr. Berenson is the founder and Principal for the James R. Berenson, MD, Inc. dba Berenson Oncology, a unique multi-faceted business entity built around an established and integrated healthcare and biotech family of companies. These consist of:
- Berenson Oncology: Prolific specialty practice in West Hollywood, CA focused on the treatment of patients with multiple myeloma and related malignancies and conditions. More that 600 patients under his care.
- Institute for Myeloma & Bone Cancer Research (IMBCR): A mission-driven 501(C)3 non-profit institute dedicated to the discovery of novel treatments in a pre-clinical in vitro and in vivo research laboratory and includes a biobank with long-term clinical samples.
- ONCOtherapeutics: Recognized targeted CRO leading preclinical research and clinical trials from phase I to IV in community oncology sites throughout the US.
- ONCOtracker: Emerging incubator for cancer treatment management innovation focused on the diagnosis and treatment of multiple myeloma, other B-cell malignancies and related disorders in pursuit of intellectual property supporting treatment progress & improved outcomes.
- ONCOcision: A strategic cancer ‘precision medicine’ company that provides individualized guidance for treating multiple cancers.
Dr. Berenson has authored more than 300 peer-reviewed publications and contributed to multiple book chapters. He serves as a member of the National Institutes of Health – Center for Scientific Review, Clinical Oncology Study Section and is a member of the Scientific Boards of the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation and the International Myeloma Foundation. Dr. Berenson serves on both the Foundation and the Scientific Boards of the Leukemia, Lymphoma and Myeloma Society.